Use this checklist to organize the elements you need to develop your own Crisis Action Plan for your team, division, or even entire organization. There are specific sections of the plan which are unique to each physical location (for example where to evacuate to, outside of the building itself) and there are other elements which need to be consistent for all staff and visitors. At the end of this post, we have an offer for our Crisis Action Plan template document for only $10.
- Name of Organization
- Number of facilities needing Crisis Action Plans (CAPs)
- Address(es) of Facility/Facilities (for Google Maps or other visual map to add to CAP)
- Specifics about what the organization does, products produced, etc. What are the essential missions of the organization (which have to be performed regardless of disaster occurring), if any
- Point-of-Contact (POC) info for Crisis Communications Team members
- POC info for Emergency Response Team
- POC info for Information Technology Team lead
- POC info for Facilities/Logistics team lead – even if outside vendor, like a property management company
- Alert System Name (if any)
- References to Human Resources (HR) policy numbers which are applicable to workforce safety and security (you do not need the full copies, just summary info)
- References to your organization’s Business/Government Continuity of Operations Plan
- Memorandums of Agreement/Understandings with any outside partners and suppliers, including off-site assembly points and warm/cold continency operations sites (Highlights only).
- Executive POC who signs off on document and also who ultimately approves this CAP.
- Detailed procedures on Lockdowns, Active Assailants and other Shelter-in-Place protocols
- Any other threats/hazards for this organization which may be unique to the organization, and should be specifically listed in the Crisis Action plan
If you are ready to start building your organization’s Crisis Action Plan, you can use our template for only $10.